CARE-North final conference: Carbon Responsible Transport - The Challenge
The transport sector is currently facing major challenges. Besides increasing prices for diesel and petrol, there are challenges linked to reaching the necessary CO2 reduction targets. Limiting road space and changing values are further vital steps in the move towards a new era of transport strategies.
The North Sea Interreg CARE North project will review these challenges in its 2012 conference and will put several different carbon responsible transport strategies forward for debate.
• Is the potential of electric mobility as significant as many think today?
• What is the role of car-sharing (car-clubs) in a new mobility culture?
• Where will the change in the image of the car lead?
• How significant are transportation costs to the mobility revolution?
• How can cities and regions implement low carbon transport strategies?
High profile international speakers, experts from the CARE-North sites and political representatives will present their views and insights. Innovative strategies will be presented and discussed. Site visits will allow participants to see and experience low carbon transport solutions.
One outcome of the conference will be the CARE-North statement for Rio, a contribution to the Rio+20 process to be presented by ICLEI.