Sustainable Urban Fringes (SURF) Final Conference
Connecting Urban & Rural
A Conference sharing opportunities for the urban edge
The Final Conference of the Sustainable Urban Fringes (SURF) project will take place in Aberdeen, on 28 June 2012.
This one day event will reveal how the urban fringe can contribute to the resilience and sustainability of cities and regions, by creating attractive recreational areas, improved greenspace and prospects for new employment opportunities.
The event will:
- Include presentations from key experts examining the urban fringe from EU, national and local perspective.
- Launch of a new urban fringe toolkit.
- Revealing urban fringe policy recommendations.
- Examining successful approaches to urban fringe management.
- Sharing thoughts on governance approaches.
A study tour is planned in the afternoon, where delegates can learn more about the the value and benefits of an urban fringe project in the city.
Delegates can choose to attend the full conference programme or the morning session only.