To foster the application of technical and sustainable methods to save energy in maritime and seafood clusters around the North Sea in the themes: innovation & green economy (1), fisheries (2), LNG & energy (3) and seafood (4).
The envisaged partnership will further seek a common emphasis to narrow down the eventual activities as preparation of the project progresses.
- Delivering a project which delivers a net profit to the NSR on the macro level in terms of carbon footprint and return on investment.
- Have tourism and the fisheries sector working together without closing down the fishery
- Exploring LNG applications, small scale LNG applications
- Developing port facilities with a focus on energy reductions on vessels and in the port.
- Reducing impact on the biodiversity and the energy use from fishing gear.
- Retrofitting existing vessels with a focus on a reduction of energy consumption
- Develop bio refineries and biomass applications
Partners Found Already
Port of Hanstholm, DM
North Sea Yard, DM
Municipality de Marne, NL
Blueport Lauwersoog, NL
Ports, knowledge institutes, authorities & private companies
to be decided
maritime, energy, port, food