The main objective of the project is to apply and disseminate greening methods for SMEs in the North Sea Region, in order to increase their sustainability as well as their business growth opportunities. Therefore, CSR and greening strategies will be developed, implemented and communicated in small and medium enterprises with professional support. Another objective is to influence the acting decisions of citizens and companies via collaborating with multipliers such as pupils and students in developing and spreading the CSR processes.
- five SMEs supported in each partner region (local sustainability groups) to develop and implement a CSR strategy via project-funded external experts with a special focus in greening (e.g. recycling, greater use of renewable energies, sustainable transport, eco-innovation along the value chain)
- in each local sustainability group pupils and students firstly assist in developing aspects of the CSR strategies and secondly function as local ambassadors and promote sustainable behavior
- dissemination of these processes via events, multimedia contents and further stakeholders (e.g. chambers, business development organisations, universities) to inspire other SMEs to follow suit
- integration of the findings into education plans (school/academic) to raise awareness and create action orientation towards a sustainable North Sea Region
- transnational development of creative ways to involve multipliers and educational providers to activate pupils and students
transnational exchange innovative approaches of activating SMEs and stakeholders and share good practices in developing and applying CSR practices and greening methods in SMEs in different industries
Partners Found Already
Networking organisations for the business sector as well as for the field of CSR/sustainability from Denmark, Germany, UK and the Netherlands are commited to particiapte. Universities and schools from UK and Germany are also found and ready to activate pupils and students.
1. organisations networking in the business sector in order to activate SMEs (e.g. chambers, business development agencies, cluster managements)
2. organisations operating in the field of CSR/ sustainability for SMEs
3. organisations being able to activate pupils or students to engage in local/regional support processes for greening methods and CSR strategies in SMEs
All partners should integrate a local/regional communication partner in their "local sustainability groups".
Reduce carbon emissions, Promoting green economic activity, Awareness raising, Growth and jobs, Training and education
20 April 2015