Joint forces for the benefit of the Baltic Sea- and North Sea Region; Co-operation of the transport clusters!
The Maritime Transport Cluster (MTC) of the North Sea Region bundled forces with the Baltic Sea Region Transport Cluster, called “BSR Transport Cluster for Sustainable, Multimodal & Green Transport Corridors”, which is part-financed by the European Union (ERDF).
The lead beneficiary of MTC (Port of Hamburg Marketing) will take over an active role in the BSR cluster as well. This ensures that findings and experiences made with the North Sea Cluster will be made available for the Baltic Sea Region Transport Cluster as well. This will be of the benefit for both regions and we hope to create even more valuable input by joining forces!
The Baltic Sea Region Transport Cluster is managed by Wiktor Szydarowski. The planned cluster outputs can be summarised under following four themes:
- Corridor investments
- Smart logistics and governance
- Clean shipping
- Business solutions for green transport
The transport cluster initiative intends to:
- Maintain and further expand the cooperation platform for projects dealing with transport and regional growth in the Baltic Sea Region Programme 2007-2013.
- Bridge activities of individual projects in the area of green transport solutions.
- Strengthen complementarities and synergies of project’s results and thereby provide a joint standpoint and harmonised contribution to the implementation of the EU Baltic Sea Strategy (Priority Area 11) and EU transport and cohesion policies.
- Promote a corridor approach (with such aspects as transport development, territorial cohesion and sustainable regional growth) in strategic transport planning in the Baltic Sea Region at the EU, macro regional, national and regional levels.
- Develop a showcase of successful financing arrangements for transport and logistics in the BSR.
- Formulate rational for programming transport and accessibility measures in the next transnational BSR programme and relevant CBC programmes.
More information available on the BSR Transport Cluster’s homepage: www.transportcluster.eu