This seminar is by invitation only, and will be held in Hamburg.
- Starts: Monday 1 October 12:00 (lunch included)
- Ends: Tuesday 2 October 13:30 (lunch included)
Please note that the Programme Preparation Group Admin Meeting will run from 14:00 to 18:00 on 2 October at this venue. The meeting will take place in the meeting room called Salon Fremdenblatt.
During the seminar we will have a closer look at what’s been achieved in the current programme period before we start debating about the future. There will be three different sessions with a set of workshops for more in-depth discussions about the topics.
- In the first session we will look into the first outcomes of the ongoing evaluation with a view to identifying possibilities to improve programme structures, financial management and control as well as impacts and coverage of the current programme.
- The next session will cover the need for harmonization and simplification and we will discuss perspectives in terms of a future programme.
- Last but not least, we will discuss regional strategies and how they might impact the thematic concentration of a future programme.
Finally the seminar will conclude with recommendations for the ongoing and future programmes.
Venue Renaissance Hamburg HotelGrosse Bleichen20354 Hamburg+49 40349180www.renaissance-hamburg.comGoogle map
The main meeting room is called 'Pamir & Passat' and is located on the first floor. Lunches will take place in the hotel's Restaurant Broschecks, which is located on the ground floor. All coffee breaks will take place in the foyer on the first floor outside the main meeting room.
A block booking of 50 rooms has been made at the Renaissance Hamburg Hotel (see above for address details) until Saturday 1 September. Room availability and price cannot be guaranteed for bookings made after this date. Price per single room per night is €119 (including breakfast). If you would like to make use of the block booking, please use this unique reservation link (group code is pre-filled).
Suggestions for other hotels can be found at http://www.hotels.com/ and http://www.booking.com/
Excursion to HafenCity 1 October from 10:00 to 12:00
You have been invited to attend an excursion to HafenCity. To read more about the location, please click on this link. The meeting point for the excursion will be at:
HafenCity Osaka Pavilion, Osakaallee 9
At 9:30 a colleague will also wait in front of the Town Hall, Rathausmarkt, 20095 Hamburg and bring the participants to the Osaka Pavilion.
Reception at the Town Hall 1 October
A reception will be held at the Town Hall from 18:00 to 20:00 just before the dinner. The reception will take place at the following address:
Town Hall Rathausmarkt 20095 Hamburg
The State Secretary for Urban Development and Environment will give a welcome note and project partners from Hamburg will be present.
- Airport - Hamburg airport (HAM) is about 10km north of Hamburg city. The S1 (S-Bahn) Aiport Express train leaves every 10 minutes, and the journey to Hamburg city takes 25 minutes (28 minutes to Jungfernstieg station). The Hamburg Airport station is located under the airport terminal building.
- Public transport - Hamburg's main railway station (Hauptbahnhof) is 1.5km away from the hotel. The nearest S-Bahn and U-Bahn station to the hotel is Jungfernstieg (5-minute walk).
- Car - Follow the signs for Centrum and the yellow parking system signs. At Jungfernstieg, take the first right onto Grosse Bleichen. The hotel is on the right at the end of the street.
You can find information about Hamburg's public transport system at www.s-bahn-hamburg.de